Appearance is a physical trait that may be an advantage, a disadvantage, or a 0-point feature. At its extreme ends, it may not be suitable for normal human characters. Appearance has the special options Androgenous and Impressive, the special enhancement Universal, and the special limitation Off-the-Shelf Looks. It is described in Basic Set, p. 21, and is referenced GURPS Dungeon Fantasy™ 2:Dungeons, p. 15, on bargaining with merchants; GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 3: The Next Level, pp. 5 and 14-15, in racial templates; GURPS Fantasy™, p. 128, on its affect on other races; and GURPS Space, p. 221, again on its affect on other races.
Note: 3e Appearance had different point totals.
Levels of AppearanceEdit
- Horrific: -24 points
- Hideous: -16 points
- Ugly: -8 points
- Unattractive: -4 points
- Average: default
- Attractive: 4 points.
- Handsome (or Beautiful): 12 points.
- Very Handsome (or Very Beautiful): 16 points.
- Transcendent: 24 points
- Androgynous (requires Handsome\Beautiful or higher): appeals to both sexes.
- Impressive (requires Attractive or higher): exceptional physical presence that is not sexual.
- On its pricing 
- On being purely physical 
- On its not declining automatically with age , 
- On the effect of the Universal enhancement , 
- On Appearance versus Social Stigma: Monster , 
- On Morph and Appearance 
- On the unrealistic nature of Transcendent Appearance 
- On the unrealistic nature of Appearance altogether