Archaeology (IQ/Hard) is the skill regarding the study of ancient civilizations.
Kromm Quotes[edit | edit source]
Historical Note[edit | edit source]
- Antiquarianism: effectively a treasure hunter of material from previous historical cultures rather then a "proper" Archaeologist. Heinrich Schliemann fits into this category.
- Evolutionary Archaeology: an evolutionary approach to Archaeology. Can be racist.
- Culture-historical archaeology: some times also called Boasian Archaeology this viewed every culture as unique. Marked by an exhaustive description of a site noting ever minor detail but providing next to no interpretation. Howard Carter largely falls into this category
- Processual archaeology: marked the effective merging of archaeology and anthropology resulting in such sub fields as Historical anthropology.
See Also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Basic Set pg 176
- Trigger, Bruce (1989) A History of Archaeological Thought. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Trigger, Bruce (2006) A History of Archaeological Thought. 2nd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.