TL1 (The Bronze Age) (3,500 BCE+) is the tech of the first major civilizations such as Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece. Generally TL0 (The Stone Age) proceeds this and TL2 (The Iron Age) comes after.
- Signature Technologies: Bronze; Arithmetic; Writing
- Transportation: Bare horseback; the wheel (and chariots); shipbuilding; sails
- Weapons and Armor: Bronze weapons and armor
- War: Horse-drawn chariots; helmets and body armor; walled cities and siege warfare
- Power: Donkeys; oxen; ponies; ; draft animals;
- Biotechnology/Medicine: Surgery; animal husbandry; fermentation
- Other Technologies: Large-scale agriculture, often with irrigation and plowing; calendars.
- Social Organization: City-states and monoethnic empires; written law; armies; long-distance trade and diplomacy; gold and silver currency by weight; marketplaces.
- High-Fired Ceramics: Glass
- Mortars and Mineral Adhesives: Plaster, Lime
- Metals: Copper, Bronze, and Brass
- Fiber: Silk
- Paper and Its Cousins: Pith “Papers”
- Organic Adhesives and Matrices
- Alum, Potash
Fuel and PowerEdit
- Charcoal, Dung, Peat
- Animal Power: Shoulder Yoke
Tools and Basic EquipmentEdit
- Cloth and Leather: Loom, Backstrap; Scissors
- Mining and Tunneling: Chisel; Crowbar, Large (TL1); Hammer (TL1); Pick; Shovel
- Stone knapping: Punch, Chest
- Smithing: Anvil, Hammer, Pliers, Shears, Tongs
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.