TL1 (The Bronze Age) (3,500 BCE+) is the tech of the first major civilizations such as Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece. Generally TL0 (The Stone Age) proceeds this and TL2 (The Iron Age) comes after.
- Signature Technologies: Bronze; Arithmetic; Writing
- Transportation: Bare horseback; the wheel (and chariots); shipbuilding; sails
- Weapons and Armor: Bronze weapons and armor
- War: Horse-drawn chariots; helmets and body armor; walled cities and siege warfare
- Power: Donkeys; oxen; ponies; ; draft animals;
- Biotechnology/Medicine: Surgery; animal husbandry; fermentation
- Other Technologies: Large-scale agriculture, often with irrigation and plowing; calendars.
- Social Organization: City-states and monoethnic empires; written law; armies; long-distance trade and diplomacy; gold and silver currency by weight; marketplaces.
- High-Fired Ceramics: Glass
- Mortars and Mineral Adhesives: Plaster, Lime
- Metals: Copper, Bronze, and Brass
- Fiber: Silk
- Paper and Its Cousins: Pith “Papers”
- Organic Adhesives and Matrices
- Alum, Potash
Fuel and PowerEdit
- Charcoal, Dung, Peat
- Animal Power: Shoulder Yoke
Tools and Basic EquipmentEdit
- Cloth and Leather: Loom, Backstrap; Scissors
- Mining and Tunneling: Chisel; Crowbar, Large (TL1); Hammer (TL1); Pick; Shovel
- Stone knapping: Punch, Chest
- Smithing: Anvil, Hammer, Pliers, Shears, Tongs
Magical Settings at this TLEdit
- GURPS Egypt: awash in magical items from amulets to the Book of the Dead (a series of spells and incarnations to be used in the journey to the afterlife). Spell based magic can exist but culturally it tends toward Ritual Magic.
- GURPS Greece: Magic is the domain of the gods and demigods. Spells are always divinely or spirits based rather then mana based. What magical items do exist are either created by the gods, such as Hades' Helm of Darkness , or are Enchanted by Deeds, such as Athena’s Shield after Perseus' encounter with Medusa
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.