- Agriculture: Chemical fertilizer, hybrid crops.
- Arms and Armor: Assault rifle, ballistic body armor, guided missile, military helicopter, military jet, nuclear weapons.
- Information Technology: Computer, high-speed press, television.
- Machinery: Integrated circuits, laser, transistor.
- Material Science: Composite materials, plastic, superconductors, titanium.
- Medicine and Health: Artificial heart, organ transplants.
- Power: Gas turbine, nuclear power, photovoltaic cell.
- Transportation: High-speed train, jet aircraft, spacecraft.
TL7-8 is where GURPS 3e and 4e TLs start diverging. According to David L. Pulver, late TL7 in GURPS 3e is TL8 in GURPS 4e. See Technology Levels (3rd Edition) for more information.
- ↑ Julius Edgar Lilienfeld patented a field-effect transistor in 1926 and 1928; Oskar Heil patented something similar in 1934. Improvements to this design led to the better known point-contact transistor developed in 1947-8
- ↑ This likely refers to oil based plastic as plant based plastic first appeared in 1856
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.