Chinks are referenced in B400's Targeting Chinks in Armor rules. It does not bypass DR but rather functions as a DR divisor at a certain penalty.
It's also not clear whether to round the halved DR up or down.
emulating chinks with limitations on DR advantage[edit | edit source]
If one assumes chinks are not built in, you could probably buy Accessibility on half the levels of the DR reflecting half those levels not applying when the foe takes a certain hit penalty and passes anyway.
Low-Tech[edit | edit source]
- 56 (Estoc) and 60 (Pick) and 61 (Rondel Dagger) and 62 (Stiletto) and 71 (property 4, used on Katar 67 and Warhammer 70) remove a -2 penalty, making it -6 for torso and -8 for other places (which actually makes it easier to hit the eyes, usually only -9). Stabbing-only knives with this property are called Miséricorde (59)
- 101 "Flexible armor lacks chinks" (good on Tough Skin, skull would lack, maybe should not be Flexible though)
- this is contradicted by Astral Armor, see below!
- 109 Sliding Rivets
- 25 "Damage to Armor" rules reduce penalty to hit chinks by 1 at less than 1/3 and by 2 at less than 0.
- Unclear if in latter situation that would stack to -3 or if it's intended to replace.
Psi[edit | edit source]
- astral armor does not usually have chinks
Page 26's breakdown does not include Flexible though, implying the DR advantage doesn't have chinks...
Quotes[edit | edit source]
2006[edit | edit source]
- I once asked Kromm by email and he answered that the Targeting Chinks in Armor rule only applies to "worn, artificial armor" and not to natural DR.
2011[edit | edit source]
House Rule[edit | edit source]
Armor Chinks [-1]
Natural DR is subject to the Attacking Chinks in Armor rule. Does not apply to Nictating Membrane, eyes are already a chink.